Getting StartedLet Your Child Know What To Expect
This may be your child’s first extended stay away from home. It is also possible that it may be his or her first taste of homesickness. It is normal, and is almost always conquered after the first few days. There are some ways to both help prevent and prepare for it:
- Encourage your child’s independence throughout the year. Practice separations, such as sleepovers at a friend’s house.
- Discuss what camp will be like before your child leaves. At Strong Rock you are welcome to visit before camp begins. In the spring we will host an Open House where you can tour our facilites, meet our staff, and enjoy several activities. We would encourage you to attend. However, if you can not attend we would love to show you around when you are available. Just call and let us know when you will be in the area and we will give you a tour and answer any questions.
- Agree ahead of time on the no phone call policy. If your child knows they will be allowed to write letters only, they are more likely to make up their minds to get on with the fun instead of dwelling on the possibility of talking to you.
- Leave a note or care package with the directors on the first day to be delivered the next day.
- Pack a personal item from home, such as a stuffed animal.
We want each camper to have the best experience possible. You can help us by returning the Parent Page, Permission Sheet, and Health Forms before you arrive at camp. This will make your check-in process faster and allow your campers to get settled into their cabin quicker. After you register for camp you will be able to log in to your account and download these important forms. For your convenience, many of these forms can be filled out and submitted online.
Know What To Pack
While at camp your child will play outside and enjoy all that nature has to offer. Please do not buy them new or special clothes for camp. Your child’s play clothes should be sufficient. The packing list is merely a list of suggestions, not requirements, to get you started. You know your child best, so please feel free to pack what you know they will need.
Click here to download a packing checklist
Strong Rock’s staff will do all they can to ensure your camper goes home with all that they brought to camp. To assist us with this phenomenal feat, we ask that each camper have his or her name written on each item when possible, even disposable cameras, and toiletries. Please write in permanent pen, on or near the tag. We maintain a Lost and Found until September 1st. After September 1st, Lost and Found items will be donated to a local charity.